Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How Stuff Works

Well, my break is nearly over, so today I spent it wandering through the realm of the internet. I wound up on HowStuffWorks.com, and have since read everything from handiness (yes, Rebecca, like I don't have a complex already), how abortion works (yes, it made me more resolute in my beliefs), and currently how swearing works (it talks about gender roles and swearing, as well as the TV show Firefly, and Harry Potter). I also read about the obesity paradox (obese people have less chance of dying in the hospital). I learned that my chances of being a genius are pretty much over because they were stifled by school. Most genius' evidently make their great discovery when they are quite young. I have also read up on several other interesting topics as well.

I spent time reading some news, (China is still mad that America is supplying weapons to Tiawan...surprise!...Anne Frank's protector, Miep died yesterday, etc). I also started Steven Covey's 7 habits today, but ended up taking a nap during the first paradigm chapter.

So to all, enjoy reading and learning, there is so much out there in this world to know and observe!

No comments:

Post a Comment