Monday, February 16, 2009

Why, yes, I am American!


I would like to take this time to wish everyone an enjoyable President's Day! Oh, you didn't know? That's because America has done all it can to not celebrate a holiday domineered by older, white, men. Why is MLK Jr day a national holiday, celebrated nationwide, when a day set aside to celebrate the accomplishments of 44 men, who have done great things for this country, goes by practically unnoticed?

The main OBAMAnation is a new push for a national holiday for a president who has done absolutely nothing so far. (I am not saying he won't, I'm just saying it's been less than a month that he's been in office, so we really can't tell what type of president he will be). Before he was even in office, there was a push for a national holiday in his honor: http://www.cjonline.com/stories/110908/loc_353922770.shtml

Some counties have already elected a county-wide "Obama Day" such as this one Alabama county:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=d94rbg180&show_article=1.

Why does Obama get his own day, when there is already a day set aside for him? I'm just saying, he shouldn't get any special treatment. He is an ordinary man, trying to do extraordinary things, just like the 43 men proceeding him tried. Some succeeded. Some failed.

Historical Ranking rank George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Franklin D Roosevelt at the top of the list of the United State's "best president's". (If you talk to me, you will probably know my stance on this.)

I would like to have this blog entry honor my favorite president: Theodore Roosevelt (he ranks consistently among the top)...And all the rest, including Nixon...look it up, although his name is synonymous with "Watergate" he did a lot of other good things for this country during his tenure in office. Everyone make's mistakes.

"America, the beautiful..."

1 comment:

  1. Make those websites into clickable links!

    I knew it was Presidents' Day ;) not oblivious.
    We used to get this day off on occasion, didn't we?

    This is Obama's first 100 days - America is still on its honeymoon. I don't think people will always so blindly love him unless he turns out to be a god... but wait... I don't believe in gods.

    ReplyDelete