Sunday, February 22, 2009

"There's something that I can't quite explain..."


I have done a poor job of keeping up with this blog. Life is passing by too quickly...Today, I would like to recognize songs, and the impact they have had in my life.

If anyone knows me, they will tell you that I will easily burst out into song for no reason, or will always have music playing.

Basically, anyone who has had any impact in my life has a song, if not an album dedicated strictly to them. Whenever I hear a specific song, I will exclaim "I love this song!" and I have to turn up the volume. However, I'm not just turning up the volume to the song, I'm turning up the volume to my memory, if that makes any sense at all. Yes, some songs are tied to events, some emotions, and others people. This blog is dedicated to those songs that are tied to the important people in my life. Some of those people are still around, others have left and I am destined to have them live on only in my memories, and for that short 3 minutes, I remember, and they are right next to me again.

I would just like to list the songs, in no particular order. I hope that if you see the song on the list, then you will recognize it as your very own, and, as I said, there may be many that define our relationship, but I have so many people who have touched my life, and, for some reason, most have songs. Some people may not even know that a song exists for them, but yes, chances are if you have impacted my life, you have a song. If I have forgotten yours, I'm sorry.

"Pour Some Sugar on Me"-Def Leppard
"Sharp Dressed Man" - ZZ Top
"Way Back into Love"-Music & Lyrics Sound track
"Breakfast at Tiffany's"-Deep Blue Something
"Happily Ever After"-Spin Doctors
"Sunglasses at Night"-Corey Hart
"The Streak"-Ray Stevens
"College Kids"-Relient K
"Unchanging"-Chris Tomlin
"Life and Love and Why"-Switchfoot
"Summer of '69"-Bryan Adams
"Hot N Cold"-Katy Perry
"Je Veux te Voir"-Yelle
"Ironic"-Alanis Morissette
"Love is a Battlefield"-Pat Benetar

So, this is to 15 people and songs who have had a part in my life. I'm sure if I sat here longer I could think of a list twice this long, but for now...this will do.

To continue with the tradition: Thank you, to all these artists who help me put life into perspective, and open a small window to a glimpse of who I was, and what I have to become.

"We used to listen to the radio, and sing along with every song we know..."

2 comments: