Friday, May 7, 2010

Modern Marvel

Non Man Made Modern Marvel



A beaver dam that was started in 1970 is now visible from space in Northern Canada. I thought it was interesting, because people tend to take animals and the marvels they can create for granted. This beaver dam is 2,788 feet long (more than twice the length of the Hoover dam)! Well over the 300ish average length.



Yahoo news-World's biggest Beaver Dam
Weekly World News-World's largest beaver dam

Man made Modern Marvel


There is this new building that is nearly completed in Singapore that will be a resort/casino/hotel/mall that I found to be very interesting architecture. Mainly of note is the sky park on the very top of the skyscraper which is very apparent in all pictures.




Singapore Sands

1 comment:

  1. Beaver dams and sky parks...

    I got your texts! Weddings = interest mainly from a design/creativity standpoint. I have this one wedding blog on my Google Reader and I'm consistently amazed at people's creativity... and by the gobs of money they spend on minute details. As for your party, I really wish I could be there!!! :( Possibly, if after I get home and unpack and feel like driving to CS... but that is unlikely, and my Mom will probably want me at home for Mother's Day and all.

    <3

    ReplyDelete