Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lost in a book


Now I remember why I don't read during the semester. I have literally spent all my free time reading The Godfather, still one of my all time favorite novels. I believe I now have even more catching up to do.

I sincerely hope everyone will read this book. It really is captivating, but I don't wish to give too much away. Just know that I enjoy it, and kept reading until I finished it.

Sex, drugs, alcohol, murders, trust, love and lust. What more can be asked for in a book? The intricate web of lives that is so precariously pieced together just so one specific act can be carried out. A lot can be taken from this novel, too. Thoughts about controlling rage, using rage to your advantage, keeping friends close, enemies closer, getting even, the difference between men and women are all interwoven in this book. The only thing I know for certain is I do not have what it takes to be a "Don". But...Perhaps you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment