Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Life's A B1tch

The universe is not aligned in your favor, you're at a low point in your biorhythm, or...Life's a Bitch.

Is there order to this chaos? Is there a rhyme or reason for anything? Is everything coincidence and mere chance?

The past few days I have come to the distinct conclusion that Murphy's Law is in fact playing a role in my life. Everything that can go wrong, will. So a word of advice for anyone looking to keep their sanity or orderly life, stay away from me, this may wear off on you.

My only condolence is that if my past few days have been like this, and there is a balance to this world, someone's days have got to be going miraculously well. Anytime I think something else can't go wrong, something finds a way to happen. It's at the point past where I've lost it...to where everything just becomes plain funny.

Monday: I had a field trip at 9:35a, I woke up, and for some reason all my alarms were off and it said 9:55. Awesome, I jump up, cursing a bit under my breath, until I realize my clocks are still set ahead from the time change, so I have 30 minutes....Phew! As I'm running outside to my car, my phone careens off of my top book where it was vicariously situated, and bounces twice on the concrete steps, and smashes into pieces on the sidewalk below. Awesome. After the field trip I rush to campus, park in a ridiculously far lot, and am getting kind of excited, because I went to the earlier field trip I'll be able to study a bit for a test during my first lunch break of the semester. So as I put my keys up, I realize that I don't have my wallet. There goes my lunch break. During my dance class, I have this tall partner, and he's doing a belt spin, and he literally punches me in the face. Thanks swing. My nose just barely bleeds. My face was in pain for about 20 minutes. I have to walk a mile back to my car with all my books (since I was planning to study) and I drive back home. I go back to campus, and after my classes I'm supposed to meet for a group meeting for a project and everyone refuses to meet. What? Fine. So I work on homework for a while, and try to complete an individual assignment, but I can't get this database to connect to this vb form. So I call my roommate to meet at mcd's to study (because I have a test the next day). So, I get there and am hungry, and don't want McDonald's, and I really want Freebird's, but Chipotle is closer so I walk there. I order a burrito bowl, and get rice, and beans, and lo-and-behold, they're out of 1/2 of the extras. Well, I decided to get the "vegeterian" (which just comes with a scoop of guacamole) so I go to check out, and am charged $7 for this bowl of rice and beans. Cool. Then, I go to get a water, and this girl is getting lemonade. She sets down her lemonade on the counter, it catches on something, and then wouldn't you know it...it spills. and gets on me, and my hideously overpriced rice. This is where I began to realize that it was all just really funny...and there's got to be something out there orchestrating all of this So, really, I think it was about this point that I stopped caring what life threw at me, and just let it come, I could continue on, because my days have been going like that since about Wednesday last week.

A funny part of this (how obviously hopeless this all is): I couldn't find a blue scantron at cvs, so I went to loupot's. On my way in, I knocked over a rack of clothes, and then was getting a blue book, and decided to also grab green scantrons, when wouldn't you know it? I drop them all. A guy cuts in front of me in line, and when I finally get to check out the cashier looks at me and goes "this is just not your day, is it". And I think that pretty much sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment