In order to drive the bottom line even more, they're going to start competing by marketing them for a dollar less than the infamous Girl Scout Cookie. This, and fall product sales are pretty much the sole form of income for Girl Scouts. I had to sell these for 11 years in order to go on a trip to Mexico as a junior in high school.
One article I read about it stated that they won't be infringing because girls go door to door. Although this is true, most of the product sales come from spending weekends in front of stores such as Wal-Mart (I remember one year a Sam's Club), Kroger's, etc. after drawings for the top notch spot and time only to be hit with a lot of regulations (which doors you can stand in front, if you can approach customers or not) to finally make the sale. Does this mean Wal-Mart will stop allowing girls to compete with them and selling in front of their stores, too?
I blame the economy for this low move on Wal-Mart's part, but after all, Walmart isn't known for their scruples.
Article 1
Article 2
My favorite reputable source on this issue

Aren't these girls cute? Yeah, Walmart....steal from them.
Picture courtesy of some mom's photobucket online journal...
No comments:
Post a Comment