Thursday, April 23, 2009

Credit Cards

Wow! I have to give it to these money sucking organizations. First, they're having issues because of the economy so many corporations that offer these are getting billions in bail outs that only the rich of the organization are seeing. And on top of that there are all sorts of fees!

I know, I for one am calling and canceling my one card today and never looking back. I will do my part in ruining the American economy. Maybe I'll start my own little money hourde like they did during the depression. Cookie jars will be my investment.
Why?

1. I do not get paper statements or e-mail statements, bizarre, right? Evidently they don't do paper anymore, and I didn't register online. I didn't think it was an issue, because this is a "for emergency" deal.

2. Today, I had a missed call this morning from an obscure number and no message, assuming it was nothing, I didn't look it up online or anything. This afternoon I get another call that I have some sort of late fee and if I don't pay by Friday then something really really bad will happen.

3. I went online, logged on, and viewed my statement, and have over a $100 charge!

4. In January I was hit with a "Annual Membership Fee" which I did not get any notification about, and then every month since then I've had another $15 late fee for not paying. And now they're probably about to send to some collection agency. Thanks.

5. I call them right away, and you know what? They have office hours. I thought banks were supposed to always have people on staff in case of an emergency. Evidently Not.

Anyway, I will be calling tomorrow, giving them an ear full (and I'm very glad it will be "recorded for quality assurance") and canceling. And probably paying an astronomical fee to a college student so I won't ruin my credit this soon in my life.

"But on the sleepless city nights, I'm just a shadow 'neath the street lights"

No comments:

Post a Comment